In a city like NYC, where square footage is limited, creativity can be key when it comes to decorating your space.
Whether you’re new to the city, moving to a new spot, or just looking to freshen up and reorganize your home for the New Year, here are some smart storage solutions to help you make the most of the space you have:
- Underbed storage might be obvious to some, but that space under the bed can be a great place for storage with underbed bins and drawers! You can also buy a bed that has built in storage.
- Closet organizers are another easy way to sort out your stuff and maximize your space.
- We all dream of beautiful built ins for our homes, but until then, it’s affordable and easy (and a great style accent as well as chic storage solution) to add a few shelves to any room in the house. Easy to install and available in a lot of styles, wall shelves are the perfect place for books, photographs and any other knick knacks you don’t want hidden away.
- Kitchen counter space is limited in most NYC apartments, but even in the most spacious kitchens, clearing up clutter is key. Drawer organizers are a great way to organize and make the most of your space.
- Pot racks for hanging pots is another unique way to clear up some space in your cupboards and make more room for creating your culinary masterpieces.
- If you don’t have cabinets or enough cabinet space, consider installing shelves or try something more fun like wood crates.
- Again, shelves are a great way to utilize the space. A nice glass shelf for cosmetic goods is a helpful and stylish storage solution. Or you try wall mounting baskets for storing larger items like towels.
- There are also bathroom space savers, which are shelving units that are positioned over the toilet to offer an easy spot for towels, candles and other bathroom goodies.
- Racks that hang over the door can be a great place for storing cleaning products.
These are just a few ideas to get you started on your journey toward organizational enlightenment. If you’re craving some more great ideas, check out Pinterest – it’s a treasure trove for home decor tips!
What’s your best storage tip for life in NYC? Are you planning an organizational overhaul this year? Share your ideas and leave your comments below.
Bed with underbed storage re: Always Rooney http://www.alwaysrooney.com/2013/08/how-i-made-my-own-bed-part-ii.html
Kitchen with crates re: Interior Junkie http://www.interiorjunkie.com/vrijdagmiddag-inspiratieboost-55/
Door rack with cleaning supplies re: World Real Estate http://www.world-real-estate.com/20-clever-home-storage-ideas/